West Haven Baptist Church Statement of Faith
WHBC is a small, conservative, Baptist Church that favors and uses the old hymns of the faith. We are an independent, autonomous, church and have no affiliation with any other ruling body. Our missions program is vigorous and worldwide, and our goal is to win people to Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the verbal (every word) and plenary (complete) inspiration of the Old and New Testaments; that they are the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God breathed, and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions shall be tried.
- The Bible must be interpreted from literal, grammatical, and historical hermeneutics.
- We believe that Dispensational Theology is the only consistent literal system of interpretation.
- We believe the Scriptures teach One Triune God, the Maker, Preserver, and Ruler of all things, eternally existing in three persons---Father, Son, and Holy Spirit---co-existing in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, each with distinct personal attributes, but without division in nature, essence or being.
- We believe the Scriptures teach One true God, Who is Spirit. He is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent.
- We believe that the Scriptures teach that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life and died on the cross for the sins of the whole world, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men.
- We believe that the Scriptures teach that man was created by a direct act of God and not by any evolutionary process.
- Man was created in God’s own image and in a state of innocence.
- Through his wilful transgression, sin entered into the world and death by sin---not only spiritual death, but physical death.
- And we believe that the Scriptures teach that the Holy Spirit is the Person who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and of judgement.
- God’s Word is our guide for living and dying and we hold its teachings with the highest regard.